Supporting health technology companies and health organizations.
The Early Adopter Health Network (EAHN™) partners Canadian companies who have developed innovative health technologies that are ready for adoption with health organizations (e.g., acute, primary care, long-term care, home and community care).
OBIO supports health technology companies and health organizations in EAHN to:
- Evaluate innovative health technologies and generate evidence to support procurement
Widely disseminate and adopt technologies that demonstrate a proven benefit to patients and result in efficiencies and cost savings to the health system
Create showcase sites for the effective adoption of technologies and to demonstrate Canadian technologies to a global market
Companies interested in EAHN are encouraged to submit an expression of interest.
EAHN Technology Areas
OBIO accepts applicants based on the readiness of both their technologies and their organization. The application process will select for companies that are prepared to have their technologies evaluated in a health organization setting and whose technologies will provide value as measured against the Quadruple Aim of health care (improve patient experience, health of populations, per capita cost of health care, and healthcare staff satisfaction).
Furthermore, applicants will be expected to:
- Have all regulatory clearance necessary for product evaluation in a clinical setting
- Be prepared for immediate scale-up and dissemination following a successful evaluation
- Have a clear and defined path forward for commercialization of their technology and ready for procurement
This cohort of EAHN will focus on, though not exclusively, the following areas:
- Improving surgical wait times, increasing surgical capacity, and increasing procedural capacity
- Critical care, organ injury & repair and brain health & wellness
- Curbing avoidable Alternate-Level-of-Care (ALC) days and facilitating transitions of care
- Transforming care with AI or Machine Learning
- Rapid and cost-effectively screening, diagnosing, and monitoring diseases
- Supporting the management of chronic diseases outside of acute settings
Supports for Companies
and Health Organizations
Successful applicants will receive financial, advisory and networking support.
EAHN members receive financial, advisory and project support.
OBIO will work with successful applicants to partner them with a health organization in the EAHN to evaluate their technology over a period of up to 12-months.